2017 Update – Working in Less Resourced Settings: Guidance for Allied Health Professionals
This is a newly updated comprehensive guide produced jointly by CTI and its sister organisations for Occupational Therapy (OT Frontiers) and Physiotherapy (ADAPT). Of particular interest to Speech and Language Therapists interested in working overseas. Includes sections on:
- Preparing to work abroad, finding work, keeping safe, and returning home
- Good practice guidance including approaches to working in low-income contexts, supervision and CPD, getting started in a new country, cultural awareness and promoting sustainability.
- Dysphagia management: advice for practice in low income countries
- Working abroad as a student practitioner
- References for further key reading
Hard copies are available for £8.50 – please contact us for more details.
To download the guide, click here: Working in Less Resourced Settings 2017: Guidance for Allied Health Professionals
You can also download the different sections one by one following the links below:
Other resources available from CTI:
- A resource pack with information about possible volunteer opportunities for Speech and Language Therapists abroad.
- A list of specific organisations which will provide more information about specific areas of Speech and Language or communication therapy both in the UK and abroad.
- A list of useful contacts which might provide funding, education, training and useful contacts during any overseas placements.