Looking to work abroad in speech and language therapy? Available positions in low and middle income countries are posted here. For job adverts pre 2018, search our blog. For links to organisations which may have volunteering opportunities, check our Useful Links page.
CTI endeavours to provide accurate information on jobs and volunteer opportunities available but does not accept responsibility for the nature of these placements. Please be aware that we do not not evaluate or review any adverts or the employers and their terms or conditions . We recommend doing as much research as possible before working with an organisation and focussing your search on organisations that you know to be reputable.
8/9/20 Remote volunteer opportunity for SLT in Malawi
Opportunity for e-volunteering to collaborate on setting up BSc Honours programme in SLT in Malawi with eventual opportunity to continue work face to face when travel restrictions are lifted. More details here.
Vacancy August 2020 for Speech & Language Therapist and Audiologist in Malawi
Warm Heart Children’s Therapy is looking for a dual skilled SLT and audiologist to start in Lilongwe, Malawi from August. More details here: Vacancy for SLT AUD August 2020
Vacancy for Speech and Language Therapist in Malawi
Warm Heart Children’s Therapy and Wellness is looking for an innovative and dynamic Speech and Language Therapist to join their team in Lilongwe, Malawi, from April/May 2020. See here for further details.
Exciting SLT job opportunity in Accra, Ghana
My current post will become vacant as of September 2019 so please consider this if you are looking for a new challenge.
Multikids Inclusive Academy- MKA (Accra, Ghana) is Ghana’s first international inclusive school, providing a specialist educational environment for mainstream learners and learners with a wide range of special educational needs. Our students range from early years to post- 16.
MKA will be recruiting a senior Speech and Language Therapist to join this hard working and dedicated team of 4 SLTs and one SLT assistant from September 2019 for a 24 month minimum contract.
MKA is unique in Ghana as it employs a range of professionals who work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students. Therefore in this role you will have the opportunity to work closely within Multidisciplinary team (including occupational therapists, physiotherapists, dance therapists, counsellors and ABA techncians). You will also be able to create and deliver bespoke in school training as well as provide individual and group therapy to our diverse caseload of students.
One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is the opportunity to work closely with our community outreach programmes, such as our fortnightly community clinic which offers free therapy services to children with Cerebral Palsy from across the region, who may otherwise receive no therapeutic input. You will build relationships with the families who attend the clinic and have the opportunity to offer therapy services which will have a real impact for these children and their families.
Multikids prides itself on the supervision and CPD opportunities it can provide to therapists of all disciplines.
The ideal candidate:
– Will have at least 5 years post graduate experience.
– Will have experience of working with both primary and secondary aged students.
– Will have extensive experience of working with children with ASD.
– Will have experience of working with AAC.
Post graduate dysphagia training and experience would be beneficial in this role.
Multikids is able to offer comfortable accommodation close to the school and provides a reasonable additional salary.
Please see our website for further details: https://multikidsgh.jimdo.com
If you are interested please email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com.
University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho, GHANA, is recruiting SLT’s!
Posted April 2019
- Are you a Speech and Language Therapist interested in combining a clinical and academic career to help address the needs of underserved communities in sub-Saharan Africa? The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) is one of Ghana’s nine public universities. It launched a 4-year Bachelor of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences in 2013 – the first of its kind in the country – and has an intake of around 10 students per year. Students undertake a broad-based curriculum during their first 2 years before choosing an audiology or speech and language therapy pathway for the remainder of their training. Following graduation, students complete a one-year clinical internship before sitting a licensure exam. Upon passing this, they are able to practice as Audiologists or Speech and Language Therapist’s depending on their specialism.
- UHAS is recruiting 2-3 talented and committed certified Speech and Language Therapists for full-time positions and invites applications from clinicians holding master’s or Ph.D.’s with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience. We are especially keen to recruit therapists with backgrounds in acquired language disorders, dysphagia or craniofacial abnormalities and an interest in pursuing research. Salaries will be dependent on qualifications and experience but will be on the Ghana Governments Single Spine Salary Structure. For further details, please visit our website https://www.uhas.edu.gh/en/about-us/overview.html or email Sonia Aboagye, Speech & Language Therapist & Lecturer in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 31st May 2019. Start dates are flexible.
SLT Post in Child Development Centre, St Lucia. Posted October 2018.The Child Development and Guidance Centre is an NGO on the beautiful island of St Lucia , West Indies. It is a multidisciplinary centre that provides intervention for children 0 – 5 years with developmental delays. We have an ongoing need for an SLT Volunteer to join or core team of a Paediatrician, a Clinical Psychologist and a Paediatric Physiotherapist . Applicants would need at least 5 years paediatric experience – ( including early years experience.) Volunteer period is for at least 6 months ( to start as early as January 2019) with the possibility of extension. A Stipend is offered that covers accommodation, and living expenses.Send CV with letter of interest to email@example.com
3, 6 and 12 month SLT opportunities in Malawi. Warm Heart Children’s Therapy and Wellness needs SLTs with a minimum of one year’s experience. Click here for more information.
- SLT needed in Lagos, Nigeria ASAP. 5 months possibility of extension to 12. Will be working with adults and children and needs experience in dysphagia. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- Short term opportunity for ASD specialist Speech and Language Therapist in Tajikistan. Posted June 2018.
The IRODA Centre for Autism in Dunshanbe, Tajikistan, is looking for an ASD specialist to volunteer for 1-3 months with staff and families of children and adolescents with autism to develop the service. They are looking for someone who can offer formal training/workshops as well as working alongside staff to implement new skills and approaches. Contact Lola at the IRODA Centre.
Multi disciplinary team of Speech, Educational and Occupational Therapists seeks a new Speech and Language Therapist. 3 year contract required.
- Opportunity for students SLTs and SLTs to volunteer in an autism centre in India. Posted February 2018.
Skilled Impact, a responsible volunteer organisation that connects NGOs and social enterprise in India with students, graduates and professionals, have a speech therapy placement available. It is in Hyderabad, India and involves working in a learning centre for children with autism for 2-12 weeks.