Looking to work abroad in speech and language therapy? Available positions in low and middle income countries are posted here. For job adverts pre 2018, search our blog. For links to organisations which may have volunteering opportunities, check our Useful Links page.
CTI endeavours to provide accurate information on jobs and volunteer opportunities available but does not accept responsibility for the nature of these placements. Please be aware that we do not not evaluate or review any adverts or the employers and their terms or conditions . We recommend doing as much research as possible before working with an organisation and focussing your search on organisations that you know to be reputable.
- SLT Post in Child Development Centre, St Lucia. Posted October 2018.
The Child Development and Guidance Centre is an NGO on the beautiful island of St Lucia , West Indies. It is a multidisciplinary centre that provides intervention for children 0 – 5 years with developmental delays. We have an ongoing need for an SLT Volunteer to join or core team of a Paediatrician, a Clinical Psychologist and a Paediatric Physiotherapist . Applicants would need at least 5 years paediatric experience – ( including early years experience.) Volunteer period is for at least 6 months ( to start as early as January 2019) with the possibility of extension. A Stipend is offered that covers accommodation, and living expenses.Send CV with letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3, 6 and 12 month SLT opportunities in Malawi. Warm Heart Children’s Therapy and Wellness needs SLTs with a minimum of one year’s experience. Click here for more information.
- SLT needed in Lagos, Nigeria ASAP. 5 months possibility of extension to 12. Will be working with adults and children and needs experience in dysphagia. Email email@example.com to apply.
- Short term opportunity for ASD specialist Speech and Language Therapist in Tajikistan. Posted June 2018.
The IRODA Centre for Autism in Dunshanbe, Tajikistan, is looking for an ASD specialist to volunteer for 1-3 months with staff and families of children and adolescents with autism to develop the service. They are looking for someone who can offer formal training/workshops as well as working alongside staff to implement new skills and approaches. Contact Lola at the IRODA Centre.
Multi disciplinary team of Speech, Educational and Occupational Therapists seeks a new Speech and Language Therapist. 3 year contract required.
- Opportunity for students SLTs and SLTs to volunteer in an autism centre in India. Posted February 2018.
Skilled Impact, a responsible volunteer organisation that connects NGOs and social enterprise in India with students, graduates and professionals, have a speech therapy placement available. It is in Hyderabad, India and involves working in a learning centre for children with autism for 2-12 weeks.